A Look into ResMed at Medtrade
AUTHOR: Derse / February 15, 2017
Medtrade, the largest Home Medical Equipment (HME) expo, brings together thousands of HME providers and professionals under one roof. With the HME industry valued at $140 billion, marketers are vying to be leaders in the market. Trade show exhibits are an important way to differentiate themselves from the sea of other organizations, and at this fall’s conference, ResMed achieved that.
ResMed, a world-leading tech-driven medical device company, was awarded the Best Booth Award at the Medtrade conference in Atlanta. The booth won for its dramatic lighting, creative spacing and large-form lifestyle murals and digital displays that showed products in action. Take a look into how Derse worked closely with ResMed to understand their needs and develop a concept that would incorporate their range of solutions into one consistent environment.
Going to Medtrade? See how ResMed won the Best Booth Award last Fall.
Integrating Product Advances into One Cohesive Booth
ResMed was in the process of shifting their brand to represent their growth from a product-focused company to one that also specializes in integrated or “Connected Care” – an approach to using both data monitoring equipment and respiratory therapy for treating customers with sleep problems. To educate their target audience on ResMed’s latest capabilities and the Connected Care advantage over competitors in their industry, they looked to design a new exhibit that represented the brand they’ve become. In particular, ResMed needed to:
- Showcase both their sleep treatment equipment and respiratory therapy clinical products to two different audience segments
- Introduce their Connected Care and integrated technology abilities
- Create a clean, open and welcoming environment with a purposeful flow
- Change audience perception of the breadth of their services
- Generate more qualified leads and brand awareness
Derse worked closely with ResMed during the entire design process to understand and identify a set of solutions that would meet their goals. From the initial discovery call to conducting on-site interviews to viewing their current booth in real time, Derse listened to ResMed and embraced their current product display processes to learn their pain points. The finalized design concept incorporated engagement opportunities for both of ResMed’s audience segments and delivered the following:
- Specially-designed display counter with messaging to effectively showcase all ResMed products
- Flexible and engaging booth space with natural touchpoints and smooth traffic flow
- A high-tech demo area for monitors to run presentations on Connected Care
- Stations for mask fittings to demonstrate ResMed’s sleep and respiratory therapy options to attendees
Working collaboratively with your design team guarantees a cohesive exhibit that is visually appealing to attendees as well as strategic in nature to meet your show objectives. Make sure you communicate the challenges you experience and your future needs early-on to develop a calculated flow to your booth that will help assist in your success. When marketing a range of products, many brands encounter a cluttered booth, but a carefully researched design can overcome that challenge.
- Connected Care
- product display
- product showcase
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sleep Treatment
- team collaboration