‘Choreograph Unique’ Experiences
Darby Mason-Werner from The CXApp connected with Derse to look at ways to ‘choreograph unique’ experiences for customers and creating memorable experiences - in an effort to combat Zoom fatigue - and make your own virtual experiences stand out.
- Deconstructing and recognizing the building blocks of experiences
- Accounting for the loss of ‘white-glove’ immersion
- The power of Dr. Pepper & Doritos
- The simplistic nature of delivering an extraordinary moment by being extraordinarily human
- Suggested reading: “The Power of Moments: Why Certain Experiences Have Extraordinary Impact” by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- Identifying ‘how’ and ‘where’ you can flip the virtual script
- Consider exclusivity for your customers (i.e. limited access to people, content, resources)
- Addressing ‘pushback audiences’ by creating stories and experiences that resonate
Read our blog to learn more about our four-part recipe to successfully captivate your virtual event audience.